Definition of vasomotor in English:
1Causing or relating to the constriction or dilatation of blood vessels.
- Dietary phytoestrogens, found in soya bean and linseed, are thought to help relieve vasomotor menopausal symptoms.
- Estrogen was the most consistently effective intervention for vasomotor symptoms.
- One study found that approximately 25 percent of menstruating women in midlife reported vasomotor symptoms before they had skipped one or several periods.
1.1Denoting a region in the medulla of the brain (the vasomotor center) that regulates blood pressure by controlling reflex alterations in the heart rate and the diameter of the blood vessels, in response to stimuli from receptors in the circulatory system or from other parts of the brain.
- As a central nervous system depressant, black cohosh directly inhibits vasomotor centers involved with inner ear balance and hearing.
- The alkaloids stimulated the vasomotor and respiratory centers in the brain stem of dogs.
- Emesis may result from stimulation of the vasomotor and vomiting centers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan