Definition of vasospasm in English:
Sudden constriction of a blood vessel, reducing its diameter and flow rate.
- Because of its vasoconstrictive effects, DHE nasal spray should not be taken by patients with known ischemic heart disease or coronary vasospasm.
- Vascular changes in preeclampsia and eclampsia include hemoconcentration and intense vasospasm.
- These patients have a higher than normal incidence of migraines, suggesting vasospasm as an etiology.
- Example sentences
- The present study investigated whether Mg prevents coronary spasm in patients with vasospastic angina.
- The remaining vasospastic anginal attacks spontaneously subsided in a few minutes without the administration of nitrates.
- PVA has been associated with vasospastic disorders such as Raynaud's phenomenon and migraine headaches.
Pronunciation: /ˌvasōˈspastik/ /ˌvāzō-/adjective
Definition of vasospasm in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.