- Describing or predicting what will happen in the future: vatic utterancesMore example sentences
- Critics come in vastly varying styles: from subtle, self-effacing, and sardonic, to oracular, vatic, apocalyptic, to plain damned intelligent.
- It was a tradition of vatic utterance, such as that represented by Blake - the Blake of the prophetic books.
- This poem is very much in the vatic mode, and it was precisely for that reason, Jacobs reminded us, that the poet came to despise it, refusing to include it in later collections of his verse.
early 17th century: from Latin vates 'prophet' + -ic.
More definitions of vaticDefinition of vatic in:
- The British & World English dictionary