- The flesh of a calf, used as food.More example sentences
- Most calves are killed when they are older for beef, but about one million a year are killed as calves for veal.
- The rest of my companions had things like smoked salmon salad, steak, bouillabaisse, and veal and pork stew.
- This dish consists of pork, chicken and veal cooked in yogurt and garlic.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French ve(e)l, from Latin vitellus, diminutive of vitulus 'calf'.
More definitions of vealDefinition of veal in:
- The British & World English dictionary