Definition of vegetarian in English:
A person who does not eat meat, and sometimes other animal products, especially for moral, religious, or health reasons.
- There are potentially as many reasons for becoming a vegetarian as there are vegetarians in the world.
- Remember that this recipe would be ideal for vegetarians if you used vegetable stock in place of chicken stock.
- Even vegetarians and vegans are not safe from the food scare epidemic.
adjectiveBack to top
Of or relating to the exclusion of meat or other animal products from the diet: a vegetarian restaurant
More example sentences
- There aren't many vegetarian restaurants in this city, and not everyone can afford them.
- It's a 100 mile round trip but decent vegetarian restaurants are few and far between.
- In fact, I had completely forgotten that we were eating in a vegetarian restaurant.
- Example sentences
- Most of the arguments that deal with vegetarianism are based on personal morals, which means that there will never be a right or wrong answer.
- However, while the West is embracing vegetarianism, developing countries have been going the other way.
- This food crisis has set me thinking about vegetarianism.
Words that rhyme with vegetarianagrarian, antiquarian, apiarian, Aquarian, Arian, Aryan, authoritarian, barbarian, Bavarian, Bulgarian, Caesarean (US Cesarean), centenarian, communitarian, contrarian, Darien, disciplinarian, egalitarian, equalitarian, establishmentarian, fruitarian, Gibraltarian, grammarian, Hanoverian, humanitarian, Hungarian, latitudinarian, libertarian, librarian, majoritarian, millenarian, necessarian, necessitarian, nonagenarian, octogenarian, ovarian, Parian, parliamentarian, planarian, predestinarian, prelapsarian, proletarian, quadragenarian, quinquagenarian, quodlibetarian, Rastafarian, riparian, rosarian, Rotarian, sabbatarian, Sagittarian, sanitarian, Sauveterrian, sectarian, seminarian, septuagenarian, sexagenarian, topiarian, totalitarian, Trinitarian, ubiquitarian, Unitarian, utilitarian, valetudinarian, veterinarian, vulgarian
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India