noun & adjective• informal
- 1 another term for vegetable.More example sentences
- I purée steamed veggies, such as zucchini and carrots, and mix them with tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- I had veal with sautéed mushrooms, veggies and the best roasted potatoes I think I've ever had.
- I did like the assortment of steamed veggies - carrots, green beans etc. - that came with the plate.
- 2 another term for vegetarian.More example sentences
- Not being keen on traditional roasts and veg, I went for the veggie dish, a sweet and sour vegetable mix on a bed of rice, and found it an acceptable if unexciting meal.
- IT'S a family tradition to tuck into a huge veggie breakfast.
- Each day, residents are presented with a menu for the following day, offering a choice of four or five main meals, including a veggie option.
More definitions of veggieDefinition of veggie in:
- The British & World English dictionary