Definition of velodrome in English:
1A cycle-racing track, typically with steeply banked curves.
- The track there is the busiest velodrome in the world and McGlynn sees no reason why a facility in Scotland wouldn't be just as popular.
- Now, you're on the road rather than the velodrome, but is this still a bonus for Australian cycling?
- White City Stadium, built for the London Games, included a velodrome, seating for over 68,000 spectators, and an unusually long 100-meter pool!
1.1A stadium containing a cycle-racing track with steeply banked curves.
- At the velodrome there was a collective groan as Rob Hayles collided with a Dutch rider and clattered down the steep incline in an action replay of an incident which had ended his Olympic dream in Sydney.
- We also organized a trip to a velodrome in London so that we could try something new.
- Every ticket for the six days of competition in the Olympic velodrome has been bought, bucking the trend of sluggish sales.
Words that rhyme with velodromemonochrome
Definition of velodrome in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan