- 1A plush woven fabric resembling velvet, chiefly used for soft furnishings, casual clothing, and hats.More example sentences
- It's a lot easier to clean the kind of mess young kids make from leather trim than it is from some of that plush velour material.
- I walked into a lavish guest bedroom with a four-poster bed and heavy velour curtains.
- Velvet, faux fur and velour are rich, soft to the touch fabrics that can be used for comforters, blankets and throw pillows.
early 18th century: from French velours 'velvet', from Old French velour, from Latin villosus 'hairy', from villus (see velvet).
More definitions of velourDefinition of velour in:
- The British & World English dictionary