Definition of velvetleaf in English:
noun (plural same or velvetleafs)
A Eurasian plant of the mallow family, with large heart-shaped velvety leaves and yellow flowers. It is naturalized in North America, where it has become a serious weed of farmland.
- Abutilon theophrasti, family Malvaceae
- If soybeans are exhibiting cupped leaves but velvetleaf in the field appears normal there is a good likelihood that the cupping is an environmental response rather than one caused by a growth regulator herbicide.
- Large-seeded weeds like velvetleaf that can emerge from deep in the soil are very resistant to shallow cultivation with weeders.
- Apply with 2 to 4 quarts per acre of liquid nitrogen fertilizer when velvetleaf is a target weed.
Definition of velvetleaf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan