Definition of venation in English:
1The arrangement of veins in a leaf or in an insect’s wing.
- Reticulate leaf venation may also provide physiological advantages in forest understories.
- They produced several types of foliage all characterized by pinnate leaves with open dichotomous venation.
- Leaves have parallel venation, with veins converging at the tip of the leaf.
- Example sentences
- Most Paleozoic insects are known only by their wing venation since wings are the least degradable parts of insects, so phylogenetic schemes will rely on venational characters.
- They differ from some of the more slender Palaeodictyoptera of the time, which they otherwise resembled, chiefly in venational characters and in possessing a long caudal style.
Definition of venation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.