Definition of venation in English:
1The arrangement of veins in a leaf or in an insect’s wing.
- Reticulate leaf venation may also provide physiological advantages in forest understories.
- They produced several types of foliage all characterized by pinnate leaves with open dichotomous venation.
- Leaves have parallel venation, with veins converging at the tip of the leaf.
- Example sentences
- Most Paleozoic insects are known only by their wing venation since wings are the least degradable parts of insects, so phylogenetic schemes will rely on venational characters.
- They differ from some of the more slender Palaeodictyoptera of the time, which they otherwise resembled, chiefly in venational characters and in possessing a long caudal style.
Definition of venation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan