- 1A person or company offering something for sale, especially a trader in the street: an Italian ice cream vendorMore example sentences
- They found a street vendor selling ice cream; this time Rose wouldn't take no for an answer.
- She glanced around quickly, and her eyes caught a street vender who was selling ice cream.
- These are sold at market or by street vendors, but people typically grow enough for their own consumption.
- 1.2 Law The seller, especially of property.More example sentences
- First, he must be sure that the vendor of the property is really entitled to sell it.
- Contracts between the vendor and the claimant were exchanged on 12 th June 1995.
- In the agreement the vendor warranted that the pool machinery was properly constructed and free of structural deficits.
late 16th century: from Anglo-Norman French vendour (see vend).