Definition of venereology in English:
The branch of medicine concerned with venereal diseases.
- He was an excellent teacher and helped to set up the postgraduate course in sexually transmitted diseases and the diploma in venereology.
- He joined the Royal Army Medical Corps and started training in venereology at St Mary's Hospital in 1947.
- While in general practice, he developed an interest in venereology, and produced the first major study on genital warts, to which reference is still made.
- Example sentences
- We also provide diagnosis and treatment for venereological infections like discharge, genital warts and herpes.
- The center has 3 inpatient wards: dermatological, venereological and mycological as well as an inpatient department.
- She was particularly impressed with the venereological institute at Moscow.
Definition of venereology in:
- British & World English dictionary