Definition of ventricle in English:
1.1Each of the two main chambers of the heart, left and right.
- After passing to the left ventricle through the mitral valve, blood goes to the aorta.
- In chickens, the right ventricle of the heart enlarges and can't pump blood efficiently to the lungs.
- Blood flows from the right atrium to the right ventricle through the tricuspid valve.
1.2Each of the four connected fluid-filled cavities in the center of the brain.
- The subarachnoid space is continuous with the cavities of the cerebral ventricles.
- There was no definite plane between the tumor and the floor of the fourth ventricle.
- The fourth ventricle is between the pons and cerebellum.
Late Middle English: from Latin ventriculus, diminutive of venter 'belly'.
- Example sentences
- In addition, the right coronary artery occasionally supplies a sizeable portion of left ventricular myocardium.
- In patients with good left ventricular function and no coronary artery disease, flecainide and propafenone can be used.
- Evidence of pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular enlargement is often present.
Words that rhyme with ventricleelectrical
Definition of ventricle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan