Definition of venue in English:
1The place where something happens, especially an organized event such as a concert, conference, or sports event: the river could soon be the venue for a powerboat world championship event
More example sentences
- One of the city's most popular live venues is taking a different route this year.
- By the 1990s, the Capitol had again established itself as one of the city's most popular entertainment venues.
- The hall is also an ideal venue for meetings, concerts and other social and cultural gatherings.
1.1 Law The county or district within which a criminal or civil case must be heard.
- First, it can be inferred that the primary venue for trial of the young person should be the Youth Court.
- The venue for the tribunal is expected to be Chaktomuk Theater Hall in central Phnom Penh.
- Five court venues in County Mayo are to be discontinued as part of a major rationalisation by the Court Service.
Definition of venue in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan