- Meals are served in the house, on the veranda, or on mats placed on the ground outside the house.
- It is further supported by ‘front-of-house’ outdoor living spaces such as porches, verandahs, and courtyards.
- Meet me outside on the veranda when you finish eating, please.
- Example sentences
- Was there really a market, even in Sri Lanka, for a genuine, galleried, verandahed and slightly dog-eared, colonial hotel?
- When not flying, the Lancers frequented the game tables in their verandaed ops shack north of Wing.
- The street they walk along is open on the left hand side with verandahed shops on the other side.
Early 18th century: from Hindi varaṇḍā, from Portuguese varanda 'railing, balustrade'.
This is from Hindi varanḍā, which was borrowed from Portuguese varanda ‘railing, balustrade’.
Words that rhyme with verandaAmanda, Aranda, Baganda, Banda, brander, candour (US candor), coriander, dander, expander, gander, germander, goosander, jacaranda, Leander, Luanda, Lysander, meander, memoranda, Menander, Miranda, oleander, panda, pander, pasanda, philander, propaganda, Rwanda, sander, Skanda, stander, Uganda, understander, Vanda, withstander, zander
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.