Definition of verbascum in English:
A plant of a genus that comprises the mulleins.
- Genus Verbascum, family Scrophulariaceae
- Plants that may require staking to hold their blooms high include Canterbury bells, hollyhocks, and verbascums.
- The yellow flower spikes of a dwarf mullein or verbascum.
- In mild climates in fall, most nurseries sell delphiniums, foxgloves, and verbascum.
Definition of verbascum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.