Definition of verdure in English:
1Lush green vegetation.
- In fact, my partner, Lance, observed that the lush, manicured verdure through which we were driving looked like it was mown and rolled on a daily basis.
- Soon the rivers begin to flow, the ponds and the lakes fill to overflowing, and verdure covers the earth.
- Visitors climbing staircases from the street would enter the park amid the lush verdure.
1.1The fresh green color of vegetation.
- It is striking and effective, complementing the picturesque Trinity verdure.
- Natural colours such as sienna, coffee, verdure, burgundy, metal and champagne are chosen as ambient colours.
- My wish is if possible to obtain one of your true American Landscapes - taken on the spot - fresh from Nature in the deep verdure of late Summer.
1.2 literary A condition of freshness.
- His music is readily approachable, engaging the heart in pleasant groves of melody all overhung with verdure of lush orchestration.
- Low-lying nylon-strung verdure cohabited the same space as vocal powwows, a move straight out of the Neutral Milk Hotel gratuity bible.
- There's a tremendous sense of growth, richness and verdure.
- 1verdured adjective
- Example sentences
- At the end of these days we set off down the estuary past innumerable little verdured islands.
- Once upon a time there lived a golden cow in the verdured hill of San Isidro.
- Gross area of all verdured lands and plants is more than 1607.6 ha.
- Example sentences
- There were lunging valleys of dense wood, the mimicry of a lush and verdurous Costa Rican island without the whimsy of a foreign land.
- As its wide spate washes up against a small verdurous spur, it swirls over waterweeds and drenched rocks to form an inlet in which goats splash.
- The room, if it could be called that, appeared verdurous, contradicting that of the cavernous underground she had been previously.
Words that rhyme with verduremerger, perjure, purger, scourger, urger, verger
Definition of verdure in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.