Definition of verismo in English:
1Realism in the arts, especially late 19th-century Italian opera.
- The end of the book includes a short glossary of terms to help readers with certain concepts such as bel canto, leitmotif and verismo.
- First, most of them reject verismo and melodrama.
- Roberto Rizzi Brignoli is a pupil of verismo's late master, Gianandrea Gavazzeni.
1.1Verismo as a genre of opera, as composed principally by Puccini, Mascagni, and Leoncavallo.
- These verismo pieces are more difficult than many people realise.
- The saving grace to the whole artistic endeavour is that the works are classic verismo operas with sky-high true-life grit.
- Essentially a lyric soprano with coloratura capabilities, she was at home in both Mozart and Richard Strauss, as well as in bel canto and verismo.