Definition of vermicomposting in English:
The use of earthworms to convert organic waste into fertilizer.
- Although vermiculture and vermicomposting offer potential new markets for farmers, they take time to develop and require a strong commitment, experts say.
- Composting led to vermicomposting which led to compost tea production.
- The term vermicomposting simply refers to composting organic matter with worms.
- vermicomposter noun
- Example sentences
- The green highlight for the school, no doubt, has to be the vermicomposter.
- Coláiste Lorcáin will be introduced to the idea of ' vermicomposter ' where biodegradable waste will be put into a special bin and recycled to compost by worms.
Definition of vermicomposting in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.