Definition of vermiculated in English:
1(Especially of the plumage of a bird) marked with sinuous or wavy lines.
- Schools of large mouth mackerel, many vermiculated angelfish, a few dogtooth tuna, and even a small whale shark made this diving very special.
- As a female of this duck never shows any vermiculated feathers this remark seems to indicate that Buller was not familiar with the distinctive plumage of the sexes.
- Example sentences
- From this distance the grayish vermiculations blur to create a charcoal wash across the scapulars.
- The Drake sports a soft purple iridescence in the head with vibrate vermiculation on the back.
- These brown trout have similar marble-like vermiculations and coexist with regular spotted browns.
Definition of vermiculated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia