1(Especially of the plumage of a bird) marked with sinuous or wavy lines.
More example sentences
- Schools of large mouth mackerel, many vermiculated angelfish, a few dogtooth tuna, and even a small whale shark made this diving very special.
- As a female of this duck never shows any vermiculated feathers this remark seems to indicate that Buller was not familiar with the distinctive plumage of the sexes.
- More example sentences
- From this distance the grayish vermiculations blur to create a charcoal wash across the scapulars.
- The Drake sports a soft purple iridescence in the head with vibrate vermiculation on the back.
- These brown trout have similar marble-like vermiculations and coexist with regular spotted browns.
Definition of vermiculated in:
- The British & World English dictionary