Definition of vermiculated in English:
1(Especially of the plumage of a bird) marked with sinuous or wavy lines.
- Schools of large mouth mackerel, many vermiculated angelfish, a few dogtooth tuna, and even a small whale shark made this diving very special.
- As a female of this duck never shows any vermiculated feathers this remark seems to indicate that Buller was not familiar with the distinctive plumage of the sexes.
- Example sentences
- From this distance the grayish vermiculations blur to create a charcoal wash across the scapulars.
- The Drake sports a soft purple iridescence in the head with vibrate vermiculation on the back.
- These brown trout have similar marble-like vermiculations and coexist with regular spotted browns.
Definition of vermiculated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.