- The rounded and elongated central part of the cerebellum, between the two hemispheres.More example sentences
- The ventral parts of the vermis and cerebellar hemispheres have been dissected away.
- The fossa houses part of the inferior vermis of the cerebellum.
- In contrast, the tumor in this report occurred as a solid, homogeneously enhancing mass in the cerebellar vermis of a 60-year-old man.
late 19th century: from Latin, literally 'worm'.
More definitions of vermisDefinition of vermis in:
- The British & World English dictionary