- 1A variety of wine grape grown in the San Gimignano area of Italy and in Sardinia.More example sentences
- The vernaccia is produced exclusively in the territory of San Gimignano--the earth is made up of jellow sand and sandy clay.
- 1.1A strong dry white wine made from the vernaccia grape.More example sentences
- A similar wine from Italy was called vernage, which may be a version of the Italian vernaccia, under which name a wine is still made.
More definitions of vernacciaDefinition of vernaccia in:
- The British & World English dictionary