Definition of vernal equinox in English:
1The equinox in spring, on about March 20 in the northern hemisphere and September 22 in the southern hemisphere.
- A fixed overhang designed for optimal shading on the autumnal equinox casts the same shadow on the vernal equinox.
- Western Christians, therefore, observe the date of the vernal equinox on March 21 according to the Gregorian Calendar.
- It falls on the vernal equinox and marks the beginning of the Persian new year.
1.2 Astronomy another term for First Point of Aries (see Aries).
- The tides are especially high right now, as we get closer to Samhain and the vernal equinox.
- According to the website, Easter falls on the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox.
Definition of vernal equinox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan