- 1The equinox in spring, on about March 20 in the northern hemisphere and September 22 in the southern hemisphere.More example sentences
- A fixed overhang designed for optimal shading on the autumnal equinox casts the same shadow on the vernal equinox.
- Western Christians, therefore, observe the date of the vernal equinox on March 21 according to the Gregorian Calendar.
- It falls on the vernal equinox and marks the beginning of the Persian new year.
- 1.1 Astronomy The equinox in March. Also called spring equinox.
- 1.2 Astronomy another term for First Point of Aries (see Aries).More example sentences
- The tides are especially high right now, as we get closer to Samhain and the vernal equinox.
- According to the website, Easter falls on the first Sunday following the first ecclesiastical full moon that occurs on or after the day of the vernal equinox.
More definitions of vernal equinoxDefinition of vernal equinox in:
- The British & World English dictionary