Definition of vernal grass in English:
A sweet-scented Eurasian grass that is sometimes grown as a meadow or hay grass. Also called sweet vernal grass.
- Anthoxanthum odoratum, family Gramineae
- Kentucky bluegrass, hairy goldenrod, and sweet vernal grass, accounted for 57% of herb importance.
- The photo shows the seed heads of both species, with those of sweet vernal grass being greener and narrower.
- Recently, several samples of sweet vernal grass have been sent in for identification.
Definition of vernal grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia