Definition of vernal grass in English:
A sweet-scented Eurasian grass that is sometimes grown as a meadow or hay grass. Also called sweet vernal grass.
- Anthoxanthum odoratum, family Gramineae
- Kentucky bluegrass, hairy goldenrod, and sweet vernal grass, accounted for 57% of herb importance.
- The photo shows the seed heads of both species, with those of sweet vernal grass being greener and narrower.
- Recently, several samples of sweet vernal grass have been sent in for identification.
Definition of vernal grass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.