Definition of veronica in English:
1A herbaceous plant of north temperate regions, typically with upright stems bearing narrow pointed leaves and spikes of blue or purple flowers.
- Genus Veronica, family Scrophulariaceae: many species, including the speedwells
- The 7-inch, dark blue spikes of this veronica bob atop a plant that grows low enough that you can actually place it at the front of the border.
- On the inside of the curve, I wove in irregular lines of flowers like Verbena ‘Purple Homestead,’ aster and veronica.
- Meanwhile, established perennials like phlox, veronica, and yarrow are beginning to bloom.
Early 16th century: from medieval Latin, from the given name Veronica.
Words that rhyme with veronicaelectronica, harmonica, Honecker, japonica, Monica, moniker, Salonica, santonica
Definition of veronica in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.