- A Russian measure of length, about 0.66 mile (1.1 km).More example sentences
- I must tell you that I have crossed twenty-five thousand versts by sea and I have seen foreign cities and all types of naked and dark-skinned people.
- A camel I fired at certainly ran twenty versts without stopping, as I saw by its traces.
- Let these half-baked, unsupported remarks carry the conversation a few more versts.
from Russian versta.
More definitions of verstDefinition of verst in:
- The British & World English dictionary