Definition of verticillium in English:
1A fungus of a genus that includes a number of species that cause wilt in plants.
- Genus Verticillium, subdivision Deuteromycotina, in particular V. albo-atrum and V. dahliae
- ‘The Dutch have problems right now with a fungus called verticillium wilt,’ he reveals, ‘which is why I'm testing for it.’
- Occasionally it can be attacked by leafy mistletoe, verticillium wilt, fungal diseases, stem borers, scale, and some rodents.
- Samples from areas B and C revealed no P. fragariae, no P. cactorum and no verticillium wilt.
1.1Wilt caused by verticillium.
- The most common diseases are verticillium wilt and phomopsis blight.
- The four most common tomato diseases are verticillium wilt, fusarium wilt, nematode infestation and tobacco mosaic virus.
- One major advantage of growing in containers is that you can keep plants free of common soilborne fungal diseases: verticillium and fusarium wilt.
Definition of verticillium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan