- 1A fungus of a genus that includes a number of species that cause wilt in plants.
More example sentences
- Genus Verticillium, subdivision Deuteromycotina, in particular V. albo-atrum and V. dahliae
- ‘The Dutch have problems right now with a fungus called verticillium wilt,’ he reveals, ‘which is why I'm testing for it.’
- Occasionally it can be attacked by leafy mistletoe, verticillium wilt, fungal diseases, stem borers, scale, and some rodents.
- Samples from areas B and C revealed no P. fragariae, no P. cactorum and no verticillium wilt.
- 1.1Wilt caused by verticillium.More example sentences
- The most common diseases are verticillium wilt and phomopsis blight.
- The four most common tomato diseases are verticillium wilt, fusarium wilt, nematode infestation and tobacco mosaic virus.
- One major advantage of growing in containers is that you can keep plants free of common soilborne fungal diseases: verticillium and fusarium wilt.
modern Latin, from Latin verticillus 'spindle whorl'.
More definitions of verticilliumDefinition of verticillium in:
- The British & World English dictionary