Definition of vervain in English:
A widely distributed herbaceous plant with small blue, white, or purple flowers and a long history of use as a magical and medicinal herb.
- Verbena officinalis, family Verbenaceae
- Some of my favourites include vervain, rosemary, lemon balm, skullcap, wild oats and ginseng.
- In Neberaska hoary vervain can flower from May to September, with blue or purple flowers positioned on the top of the main stem and branches.
- Purple vervain is one of the few colorful wildflowers.
Definition of vervain in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan