Definition of vesper sparrow in English:
A small North American songbird related to the buntings, having streaked brown plumage and known for its evening song.
- Pooecetes gramineus, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizidae)
- The first thing he wanted to show me, once I rattled into his driveway, was the pasture where the vesper sparrows had built their nest and laid eggs early that spring.
- Robins, song sparrows, vesper sparrows, and swallows are not absent, except as breeding birds.
- The pint-size vesper sparrows darting in front of the truck seem to punctuate his point.
Definition of vesper sparrow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.