noun (plural vestrymen)
- A member of a parochial vestry.More example sentences
- I read that you were the youngest vestryman in the history of your Episcopal church.
- The rents and profits of the lands and house were to be ‘distributed as her gift and charity, yearly and every year for ever’ by the minister and the vestrymen of Holy Trinity.
- She points also to the middle classes, serving as vestrymen and jurors, who progressively lost faith in the informers and the gin acts they were enforcing.
More definitions of vestrymanDefinition of vestryman in:
- The British & World English dictionary