Definition of vetch in English:
A widely distributed scrambling herbaceous plant of the pea family that is cultivated as a silage or fodder crop. See also tare1.
- Genus Vicia, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular the common or (spring) vetch (V. sativa) and purple vetch (V. americana)
- Buckwheat, mustard, rape, or fast-growing legumes, such as vetches or crimson clover, can be used.
- Sometimes, instead of a multi-year hayfield, Moyer will just use hairy vetch or a vetch / oats mix as a cover crop between the summer wheat harvest and corn planting the following spring.
- After you prepare a seed bed in your future tomato plot, plant the vetch, either by broadcasting or in shallow furrows at the rate of an ounce of seed per 10 square feet.
Definition of vetch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan