A shrub or small tree of temperate and warm regions, typically bearing flat or rounded clusters of small white flowers.
- Genus Viburnum, family Caprifoliaceae: many species and ornamental hybrids, including the guelder rose and wayfaring tree
More example sentences
- Spring-flowering shrubs include such popular plants as forsythia, deutzia, lilac, viburnum, mock-orange and spirea.
- This viburnum produces clusters of white flowers in late winter to early spring.
- Since then it has been found mainly in rhododendrons and viburnums, pieris, camellias, lilacs and other plants which have been imported or sat alongside imports.
modern Latin, from Latin, 'wayfaring tree'.
Definition of viburnum in:
- The British & World English dictionary