- A naval officer of very high rank, in particular an officer in the US Navy or Coast Guard ranking above rear admiral and below admiral.More example sentences
- Congress named him the first U.S. Navy rear admiral, vice admiral, and admiral.
- The commander of the MIF was at every point, from 1991 to 2003, a rear admiral or vice admiral from the US Fifth Fleet.
- He has commanded in every rank from lieutenant to vice admiral, and has flown his flag in all three of the Navy's aircraft carriers.
More definitions of vice admiralDefinition of vice admiral in:
- The British & World English dictionary