An official or executive ranking below and deputizing for a president.
- I see now that the voice of a company is not limited to top level executives, vice presidents, and public relations officers.
- They may vote for the president, the vice president and senators, or even stand for election.
- The Assembly will now choose a president and two vice presidents, who in turn pick a prime minister and cabinet.
noun (plural vice presidencies)
- Example sentences
- Three new national vice presidencies were simply added to make room for factional leaders who faced being squeezed out of the party's governing body.
- Already a string of former generals and right-wing politicians are lining up for the vice presidency.
- Another section includes a useful analysis of the vice-presidency and the changes and continuities it has exhibited.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: vice pres·i·dent
Definition of vice president in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.