- another term for vicinity.More example sentences
- Petty jurors too needed to come from the vicinage of the crime and be ‘neighbours’ of the parties.
- To fulfill the vicinage provision, jurors would have to be from the portion of the park in Idaho, since naturally no other parts of the state are in Wyoming's judicial district.
- However, the state is divided into three vicinages, with designated counties for each vicinage, as follows.
Middle English: from Old French vis(e)nage, from an alteration of Latin vicinus 'neighbor'.
More definitions of vicinageDefinition of vicinage in:
- The British & World English dictionary