Single (someone) out for cruel or unjust treatment: scam artists who victimize senior citizens
More example sentences
- In many countries people are victimised, terrorised, disappeared or tortured, for publicly, or even privately, expressing dissent.
- Reports that he felt victimized by racism at some point in his life don't unto themselves make his race relevant.
- A righteous-sounding phrase is being exploited to victimise persons perceived to be a threat to the regime, while others are rewarded with the ill-gotten booty.
- Example sentences
- And he seems to me to believe, finally, that the only really satisfactory ‘consequences’ are the ones victims get to inflict on victimizers, not the consequences God inflicts.
- I was referring to citizens of a militarized state, both its victims and its victimizers.
- To preserve the division of the world into victims and victimizers, therefore, it is intellectually imperative to keep migrants in a state of the most complete dependence possible.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.