- A bond issued by a government during or immediately after a major war.More example sentences
- With the help of some corrupt accountants, he swindled gullible suckers among the public with so-called ‘victory bonds’.
- It was a train that went around the world and did shows to sell victory bonds.
- For a city or district to receive the flag, its citizens had to have purchased a specified value in victory bonds.
More definitions of victory bondDefinition of victory bond in:
- The British & World English dictionary