Definition of viewer in English:
1A person who looks at or inspects something.
- Vettriano's skill lies in his ability to create narrative paintings with which the viewer becomes involved.
- Their intention was to make paintings that met the viewer as living presences - that were there.
- His drawings and paintings challenge the viewer to meet his hopeless aesthetic half way, and then fail.
watcher, spectator, onlooker, looker-on, observer, member of the audience;
(viewers) audience, crowd
1.1A person watching television or a movie.
- Television viewers probably couldn't last out watching someone doing a full out chart analysis.
- The BBC would like viewers and listeners to write the words for a new hymn or worship song.
- Night after night, viewers tune in to witness their attempts to curb their children's disruptive behaviour.
2A device for looking at slides or similar photographic images.
- I use the Linhof optical viewer to visualize images and try different compositions.
- Finally, there are some DVD-ROM extras in the form of a screenplay viewer and weblinks.
- The image display in the viewer window actually is a label widget in the center of the dialog.
Words that rhyme with viewerAmur, brewer, chewer, Dewar, doer, ewer, hewer, Kahlua, lassoer, Nuer, pursuer, renewer, screwer, sewer, skewer, skua, spewer, strewer, suer, tattooer, who're, wooer
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.