1Physical strength and good health.
- According to the study, symmetry of face and body suggests health and vigor - and therefore genetic fitness - while asymmetry implies the opposite.
- You are blessed with good health and vigour, which enable you to participate in busy schedules.
- ‘We're against apathy,’ he says, setting the juice aside. Renewed health and vigor seems to flow into him as he warms to his topic.
1.1Effort, energy, and enthusiasm: they set about the new task with vigor
More example sentences
- Such hope lent a spring to their step and vigour to their efforts in the face of determined opposition.
- And the young cast brings to the production enough raw energy and vigour to leave the audience spellbound.
- Energy, vigour and emotion were what were missing most in the second-rate acting.
Middle English: from Old French vigour, from Latin vigor, from vigere 'be lively'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.