- A Buddhist monastery.More example sentences
- Scholarship came from the Buddhist monks and their viharas, stupas and monasteries.
- Despite the shortage of qualified dhammaduta monks, scattered across the West there are a few Theravada viharas and Buddhist centres whose incumbents, in their own quiet and non-assertive way, are working to spread the Dhamma.
- This ritual is also often carried out in the vihara or Buddhist temple.
More definitions of viharaDefinition of vihara in:
- The British & World English dictionary