- (In a film, novel, or play) a female character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot: she’s portrayed as a glowering villainess, accompanied by ominous music as she entersMore example sentences
- The once clear demarcation in Dracula between heroine and villainess is made uncomfortably fluid by Stoker's parallel descriptions in these stories.
- It's a shame the script is more interested in her playing a one-dimensional bitchy villainess instead of a woman who has been faced with a horrible ethical dilemma.
- The songs seem irrelevant but they justify their existence at the end, when heroine and villainess square off in a moral and physical beauty contest: a play-off that's also a sing-off.
More definitions of villainessDefinition of villainess in:
- The British & World English dictionary