- 1 (also vinaigrette dressing) Salad dressing of oil, wine vinegar, and seasoning.More example sentences
- Spoon a portion of red curry vinaigrette around the steak tartare.
- We do have a home made, sugar free mint sauce and a home made oil and fat free vinaigrette salad dressing.
- The pomme d' amour is also the central flavouring and colouring agent in the famous Creole sauce - a sauce almost as international as vinaigrette or mayonnaise.
- 2 • historical A small ornamental bottle for holding smelling salts.More example sentences
- We left the windows open for a few hours, but the apartment still smells like a vinaigrette.
- She rummaged in her reticule for a vinaigrette, dabbed her handkerchief with it and pressed the handkerchief to her nose.
- We often read about overwrought ladies reaching for their vinaigrettes, or of stalwart heroes reviving a swooning damsel by waving a vinaigrette beneath her nose.
French, diminutive of vinaigre 'vinegar'.
More definitions of vinaigretteDefinition of vinaigrette in:
- The British & World English dictionary