Definition of vintage year in English:
1The year that a particular wine was produced.
- These are wines from vintage years that have spent five or so years in oak.
- Like a good wine. You'd have to choose one of vintage years of course.
- But his cellar is still filled from previous years, and because he lacks additional containers he is considering pouring out a part of the older wine in storage which dates from an inferior vintage year.
1.1A particularly successful year for some pursuit or product: it was a vintage year for home-run hitters
More example sentences
- ‘I can tell this is going to be a vintage year for purple indica,’ he said, gazing like a proud papa at a bush about six feet high.
- But as he enters the vintage years of his career, he has matured like a fine wine, with his tally of 13 league goals last season his best-ever in a campaign.
- All that matters is that he lives up to his potential to be as good now as he was in those vintage years.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.