1A wine merchant.
- Never mind that the vast majority of vintners and tasters and sommeliers are men.
- A vintner found selling corrupt wine was forced to drink it, then banned from the trade.
- Tickets are $75 and include wine from 35 vintners and food from a variety of restaurants.
2A wine maker.
- I'm no vintner and I'm hardly a wine connoisseur.
- The New World vintner's goal is to produce a uniform taste through the entire production run.
- One conventional vintner I interviewed sprays his grapes at night because he doesn't want consumers to see him spraying: ‘It's bad for business,’ he said.
Late Middle English: via Anglo-Latin from Old French vinetier, from medieval Latin vinetarius, from Latin vinetum 'vineyard', from vinum 'wine'.
Definition of vintner in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.