Entry from British & World English dictionary
1A white wine grape grown chiefly in the northern Rhône area of France.
- This region also produces wines from the white grapes Viognier, Marsanne, Roussanne and Grenache Blanc.
- He also uses Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, and Sangiovese, making verjus is similar to making wine, except juice is not fermented.
- The trout blend is made of Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc and Viognier grapes.
1.1A white wine made from the Viognier grape.
- Riesling grapes make Rieslings, Viognier grapes make Viognier, etc, etc.
- Most of our customers know Chardonnay and Merlot, so we'll take them to a Viognier or a Riesling.
- The Syrahs and Viogniers coming online deserve serious research too.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: Vi|ognier
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.