noun (plural violoncellos)
Formal term for cello.
More example sentences
- The compositions on his six CDs feature sitar, flute, clarinet, soprano sax, violin viola, violoncello, contrabass, percussion and electronic devices as well as solo guitar.
- It was with great joy that I learned you had composed a work for my instrument, the violoncello.
- There is also a separate copy of the solo harpsichord part in a second hand, as well as parts in a third hand with an arrangement of the harpsichord part for solo violin and violoncello.
- More example sentences
- Though an old man at the time, he was an accomplished violoncellist, and a patient teacher.
- The competition is open to violoncellists of every nationality.
- In 1866 Grünfeld was appointed court violoncellist to King William of Prussia..