- Greenish.More example sentences
- Behind him, the virescent beast crouched as if about to leap again, bellowing defiance and raising clenched fists that were as big as hams.
- More example sentences
- Vinca virescence is a phytoplasma that causes symptoms of virescence, phyllody and witches’ broom.
- Proliferation of shoots was observed in one of the samples of periwinkle and, virescence was showed by the other one.
early 19th century: from Latin virescent- 'turning green', inceptive of virere 'be green'.
More definitions of virescentDefinition of virescent in:
- The British & World English dictionary