Greenish or becoming green.
- Meanwhile, beyond the village peripheries, the Welsh hills were getting greener and greener - that iridescent, viridescent green that looks so wonderful on sunny days.
- New shoots of young grass come up green - a vivid viridescent I have seen nowhere in America or Europe.
- Evoking images of viridescent dragon scales, the pointed, blue-green leaves create a compact, deer-proof assemblage that's infused with reddish purple tinges.
- Example sentences
- They were cities of leaves./I would lie under them/and my eyes would rise/buoyed up and surfeited/in immense rustling viridescence.
- The swill of rain water and leaves of lapsed viridescence swashed onto the lip of the pavement.
Words that rhyme with viridescentacquiescent, adolescent, albescent, Besant, coalescent, confessant, convalescent, crescent, depressant, effervescent, erubescent, evanescent, excrescent, flavescent, fluorescent, immunosuppressant, incandescent, incessant, iridescent, juvenescent, lactescent, liquescent, luminescent, nigrescent, obsolescent, opalescent, pearlescent, phosphorescent, pubescent, putrescent, quiescent, suppressant, turgescent, virescent
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of viridescent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.