Greenish or becoming green.
More example sentences
- Meanwhile, beyond the village peripheries, the Welsh hills were getting greener and greener - that iridescent, viridescent green that looks so wonderful on sunny days.
- New shoots of young grass come up green - a vivid viridescent I have seen nowhere in America or Europe.
- Evoking images of viridescent dragon scales, the pointed, blue-green leaves create a compact, deer-proof assemblage that's infused with reddish purple tinges.
mid 19th century: from late Latin viridescent- 'becoming green', from the verb viridescere, from Latin viridis 'green'.
- More example sentences
- They were cities of leaves./I would lie under them/and my eyes would rise/buoyed up and surfeited/in immense rustling viridescence.
- The swill of rain water and leaves of lapsed viridescence swashed onto the lip of the pavement.
More definitions of viridescentDefinition of viridescent in:
- The British & World English dictionary