- An infectious entity affecting plants, smaller than a virus and consisting only of nucleic acid without a protein coat.More example sentences
- Prions do not contain DNA or RNA as do fungi, bacteria, viruses, viroids, or any other previously known infectious entities.
- Fast, accurate tests, based on antibody testing technology, were developed for trichinosis in pigs; for anaplasmosis, a costly parasitic disease in cattle; and for plant viruses and viroids.
- They include animals, insects, and nematodes (while vine diseases include the microbes bacteria, fungi, phytoplasma, viroids, and virus).
More definitions of viroidDefinition of viroid in:
- The British & World English dictionary