Definition of virtualize in English:
1Convert (something) to a computer-generated simulation of reality: traditional universities have begun to virtualize parts of their curricula
More example sentences
- One of the most interesting applications for Platform Intelligence may be related to ‘on demand’ computing where resources are virtualized, and users are charged based on resource usage.
- But all of those server makers along with major storage and networking players also want to virtualize data centers on their own via various software and hardware products.
- To create a true virtualized infrastructure, organizations must consider both resource virtualization and application virtualization.
1.1Create a virtual version of (a computing resource or facility).
- Virtual PC lets you create separate virtual machines on your Windows desktop, each of which virtualizes the hardware of a complete physical computer.
- In May, start-up FalconStor Software Inc reworked its virtualization software to allow users to access replication functions without actually virtualizing their data.
- There are a number of basic requirements to successfully virtualizing computing power in the data center.
- Example sentences
- Microsoft has released its Virtual PC operating system virtualization software to manufacturing.
- It is equally likely that a software vendor will implement virtualization on a server platform.
- Server-based virtualization is achieved by software that runs on servers.
- Example sentences
- This does mean, however, that it can not be used to run other Operating Systems, unlike virtualisers.
- I mean, old code from the mainframe age is still running on virtualizers to this day.
- A virtualiser is not a very practical solution, it needs lots of work for a limited audience.
Pronunciation: /ˌvərCHo͞oəˌlīˈzāSH(ə)n/ /ˌvərCHo͞oələˈzāSH(ə)n/noun
Definition of virtualize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan